Saturday, December 5, 2009

Awakening at IHOP - Testimony Part 1

The past three weeks or so I've been tuning into the awakening webstream at ihop.org almost daily. It's been a life-changing experience, to say the least.
If there is one movement that I consider solidly based on the Word of God (while giving the Holy Spirit full freedom to move), it's the International House of Prayer in Kansas City. I've been sitting under their teaching for years, and have even translated some texts of theirs into German.
How can I summarize all the Lord has been doing? People have been healed, delivered, set free from all sorts of addictions, saved, etc. There are many testimonies, and prayers for specific things the Lord wants to do. To date more than 120 people have been water-baptized, some of them spontaneously. Through the webstream you can tune in live, or else go to the archives, which are equally powerful. It seems that each day the anointing gets a little bit stronger.

Perhaps you, like me, don't experience much at first. Don't give up, press in. Strike the ground not just once or twice, but again and again, until you receive. Talk to the Lord about your frustrations if you have trouble receiving. He will show you what's been holding up the blessing and give you your heart's desire.

For years and years I longed to feel the love of God in my heart, but I had come to believe the lies of the enemy that this was not to be for me. It finally dawned on me that God never is satisfied with head knowledge (of His love or anything else) but wants us to experience Him in our hearts. Therefore the problem was one of my not being able to receive. I had put up barriers out of self-protection against hurt that I was trapped in; I had shut myself into a prison from which I couldn't escape. But Jesus could, and did, set me free when I repented and asked Him to set me free. Then, during a time of Holy Spirit ministry, I felt the love of God burning in my heart, and I heard Him say that He is pleased with me - something I never heard from my earthly father.

Even now, 36 hours later, I continue to feel His love on and in my heart. There are other things that I believe Him to do; this breakthrough was just the beginning. I will continue to contend for more and more and more and more ...

All Glory be to God and to the Lamb that was slain!

2 comments:

  1. Praise God! Thank you for your post & your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was once involved with a local House of Prayer and my time there was awesome.
    My church has a once a month 'Encounter' meeting that is a little similar, with the presence of the Spirit being so real. I wish it was more than once a month.
    I will have to check out the IHOP link you gave. I did actually visit that one in Kansas quite a while ago. And it seemed at that time that churches in the area were under revival.
    I am thrilled for you the way you are feeling the love of God in your heart. What a joy that is.
    I find it is often when I have on praise and worship music and enter into I myself that I feel the presence of the Spirit within me.
    Good to see you blogging again.
    Blessings,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete